Purpose & Scope
The purpose and the scope of the Faculty Research Committee (FRC) is to function as the regulatory body to the Faculty
Board that recommends the financial allocations for research activities of academic staff members of the faculty.
- The FRC shall be responsible for calling for applications and recommending the research allowance of academic staff members of the Faculty.
- The FRC shall be responsible to monitor the progress of the research proposals submitted for the research allowance of the academic staff members of the Faculty.
- The FRC shall be responsible for handling applications for and selecting the research proposals for the Faculty Research Grant.
- The FRC shall monitor the progress of the research projects that have been awarded Faculty Research Grants.
- The FRC shall attend to any other related issues on research as and when directed by the Faculty Board.
- The FRC shall submit an annual summary report of its activities to the Faculty Board.
To whom shall the committee report
To the Faculty Board
Procedure of appointing
The Faculty Board shall call open applications from academic staff members of the Faculty and appoint the Chairperson and the members of the FRC according to the composition lay down.
a. An academic staff member, Senior Lecturer Grade 1 or above (Chairperson)
b. Six (06) academic staff members with a keen interest in research, preferably representing all Departments.
c. The Dean of Faculty takes a seat as an Ex-officio member
Selection of members
By the Faculty Board
Duration of the term
Three years for all members
FRC of the Faculty will be chaired by the Chairperson. The number of meetings per year shall be not less than six.
Storage of documents
- All documents will be compiled and kept by the convener of the FRC for the respective term.
- Handing over of these should be done at the end of the term of the FRC to the new convener.
- All documents will be stored at the Dean’s office under the supervision of the DR/SAR/AR.
FRC approvals and minutes will be sent to the Dean, Confirmed minutes shall be tabled at the Board Meeting
of the Faculty.
Chairperson of the FRC