Purpose & Scope
Based on the recommendation of IQAC, this committee is to be erected. The faculty has a number of endowments in memory of
eminent personals. Through these endowments, Gold medals, prizes, and scholarships are awarded to outstanding students every year. It is customary to award these during the general convocation. The committee will find undergraduates who are facing financial difficulties during the academic year and help them.
1. Maintain the scholarship & Award funds and make appropriate requests to maintain adequate funds.
2. Generate more funds by accepting new donors and well-wishers.
3. Select the appropriate candidates for the awards and honours by a fair and justice process.
4. Prepare the criteria for each award and update it on the Faculty website maintaining transparency regarding the awarding criteria.
5. Select the students for the receipt of scholarships combined with the Faculty student’s union and the Faculty Alumni
6. Develop a transparent criterion for the selection of students for the scholarship and publish it on the website of the Faculty and call for applications at the appropriate time.
7. Ensure a fair, justice and transparent selection process for
all awards and scholarships.
To whom shall the committee report
Chairman, Faculty Board, Chairman, University Endowments, Scholarship, Prizes & Awards Committee & AR/SAR/DR- Students Welfare
- Head of the Departments
- Deputy Proctor of the faculty
- Student counsellors of the faculty
- Two representatives from Faculty Students Union
- Secretary will be nominated amongst the appointed members
Duration of the term
Three years for all members
Once in every two months
Storage of documents
All documents related to Committee will be catalogued by the Secretary and stored under the custody of DR/SAR/AR of the
Recommendations shall be sent through Dean to the Chairman, University Endowments, Scholarships, Prizes &
Dean of the faculty